Whether you're a culture vulture, an art obsessive, a food lover or a sports fan, the city of Pittsburgh, Western Pennsylvania has everything you need for the perfect city getaway and then some.
From the amazing outdoor art of Randyland to a bite of the city's famous Primanti sandwich eaten while looking across the Allegheny towards the iconic PNC Park, this is a destination that just keeps on giving. And you could be about to discover it all for yourself.
Fancy exploring Pittsburgh on a 'Burgh Bits and Bites food tour, spending an afternoon kayaking on the Allegheny River or soaking up some art and culture at amazing museums and galleries like The Frick Pittsburgh and The Andy Warhol Museum? You're in luck, because we've teamed up with VisitPITTSBURGH and WOW air to give one lucky reader the chance to win a three-night stay for two at the Renaissance Pittsburgh Hotel in Pittsburgh, including return flights from the UK with checked luggage. That means you could be enjoying the best of vibrant Pittsburgh on your next city break.
culture vulture, art obsessive, food lover or sports fan, Pittsburgh has everything you need for the perfect city break
While you're there, you'll have plenty of time to explore the city and its beautiful surrounds, from the much-loved Duquesne Incline to Frank Lloyd Wright's world-famous Fallingwater House, which is just an 80-minute drive away.
WOW air currently flies from two UK airports, London Gatwick and Edinburgh, with flights from London Stansted launching in April 2018.
To make transatlantic flying on a budget even more flexible, the airline has launched tiered travel bundles allowing travellers to choose from three different packages: WOW Basic, WOW Plus and WOW Biz.
WOW air operates four flights a week in winter and five flights a week in summer to Pittsburgh via Reykjavik, starting at £139.99 one way on the WOW Basic package. For more information or to book visit wowair.co.uk
If you're into the outdoors, you can explore Pittsburgh by bike, or even hit the Great Allegheny Passage, which goes all the way to Washington DC. So what are you waiting for? Enter below for a chance to win.
To be in with a chance of winning, all you have to do is answer the simple question below.
For more information on holidays to Pittsburgh, head to visitpittsburgh.com
The question is: Pittsburgh was the birthplace of which influential pop art pioneer?
Competition closes: 12th June 2018
By entering, you agree to receive Escapism Magazine's weekly newsletter that includes inspiration, product news and competitions.
1. This prize draw is open to residents of the United Kingdom, aged 18 years or over, with the exception of employees of the Promoter, their families, agents and anyone else connected with this promotion.
2. Entries must be received by 23:59 BST on 29 May 2018.
3. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any entries that are incomplete, illegible, corrupted or fail to reach the Promoter by the relevant closing date for any reason. Proof of posting or sending is not proof of receipt. Automatically generated entries or entries via agents or third parties are invalid and shall not be considered. Entries become the property of the Promoter.
4. Only one entry per person.
5. To enter fill out the form on this page.
6. All correctly completed entries will be entered into a prize draw, which will take place by 15 June 2018. The first entry drawn will be the winner.
7. The prize:
- The prize for the winner is a three-night stay for two at the Pittsburgh Renaissance Hotel in a standard king room, plus 2x return flights from London Gatwick, Edinburgh or Dublin to Pittsburgh (via KEF), courtesy of VisitPITTSBURGH and WOW air. Check-in luggage, taxes and charges included.
- All travelling dates and time are subject to availability.
- The winner is responsible for ground transportation to and from their chosen location and all hotel incidentals.
- The prize must be booked and taken by 1 April 2019.
- Certain restrictions and blackout dates apply: 15 June – 31 August 2018; 1–3 September 2018, and 15 December 2018 – 10 January 2019.
- Hotel stay is valid only on Friday, Saturday and Sunday nights and is subject to availability during valid air travel dates. Winner must confirm hotel availability prior to booking flights.
- The prize is non-transferable and non-refundable. No cash alternative is available. Other than as specified, the Promoter shall not be liable for any costs or expenses arising out of or in any way connected with this prize and does not accept any responsibility for any damage, loss or disappointment suffered by the winner as a result of accepting this prize.
8. Prizes are subject to availability. In the event of unforeseen circumstances, the Promoter reserves the right (a) to substitute alternative prizes of equivalent or greater value and (b) in exceptional circumstances to amend or foreclose the promotion without notice. No correspondence will be entered into.
9. The winner will be notified via email by 15 June 2018. The winner must claim their prize within 30 days of being notified by the Promoter and must respond to the notification email with their postal address, email, and telephone phone number. If the prize is unclaimed after this time, it will lapse and the Promoter reserves the right to offer the unclaimed prize to a substitute winner selected in accordance with these rules.
10. The Promoter will use any data submitted by entrants only for the purposes of running the prize draw, unless otherwise stated in the entry form. By entering this prize draw, all entrants consent to the use of their personal data by the Promoter for the purposes of the administration of this prize draw and any other purposes to which the entrant has consented.
11. By entering the prize draw each entrant agrees to be bound by these terms and conditions.
12. These terms and conditions are governed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales.