From the iconic views of Half Dome and El Capitan to the incredible history and culture of the entire region, a trip to Yosemite Mariposa County in California is jam-packed with fun, variety and spectacular views. Whether you're into activities like hiking, biking and climbing, or simply want to immerse yourself in US history from prehistoric settlements to the gold rush, here you can get involved.
Whenever you choose to visit Yosemite Mariposa County, you'll find an abundance of activities and accommodation to enjoy and explore, from superb skiing in winter to winery tours and free outdoor concerts in spring and summer.
Of course, if there's one thing the inspiring sights of Yosemite make you want to do, it's climb. And luckily for you, you'll be able to get a taste of Yosemite life – and prepare yourself for a trip over to California – without having to leave London, because we're offering you the chance to win a £200 voucher to spend on a two-day climbing course at The Castle Climbing Centre (London, N4 2HA). What's more, because Yosemite is about way more than just the great outdoors, the lucky winner will as get their hands on a Yosemite Mariposa County goody bag to take home.
Sound good? For a chance to win, all you need to do is answer the simple question below.
For more information about Yosemite Mariposa County visit yosemite.com
The question is: Which of the following is a famous rock formation in Yosemite Mariposa County?
Competition closes: 17th August 2017
By entering, you agree to receive Escapism's weekly newsletter that includes holiday inspiration, product news and competitions.
– By entering this competition you agree to being contacted by Yosemite Mariposa County and its associated partners for marketing purposes
– Entrants must be UK residents aged 21 or over
– The prize voucher must be used with a year of the winner first being contacted
– The prize is non transferrable, non amendable and there is no cash alternative available
– A winner will be drawn after the competition closes. A winner will then be contacted. Should a winner not respond after 14 days of being contacted, another winner will be drawn at random