As important as the destination may be, most seasoned travellers will tell you that it’s the people and experiences that really make a holiday special. And now there’s a smart and simple way to find amazing people and brilliant experiences on your travels in an instant.
LocalBini is an Experience Marketplace that helps turn a good trip into an extraordinary one, by connecting travellers with locals offering incredible, one-of-a-kind experiences.
Looking for a unique shopping trip? Take a tour of Paris’s secret boutiques – with a hot chocolate stop off – alongside a gemologist and designer. Want a dose of history and culture that keeps you fit at the same time? Join a career coach and serial jogger for a running tour of the sights of the French capital.
Using LocalBini’s iPhone and Android app, you can book unique experiences that help you get away from the tourist trail and see a destination through the eyes of passionate, experienced and remarkable locals (known as BiniGuides).
Starting in Paris and Zurich – and soon to extend to London and Rome – LocalBini is a refreshing and modern antidote to the generic, standardised tours you might be used to.
We’ve teamed up with LocalBini to give one pair of readers the chance to win a trip to Paris – LocalBini will get you both there, put you up for two nights and treat you to one of three amazing experiences.
You’ll be able to choose from a tour of the city’s Gothic sights that finishes with a night of music at a monastery-turned-jazz-bar, led by a local jazz pianist; an Instagram-lover’s trip around edgy, bohemian North East Paris with a photographer; and a canalside walk in trendy Saint Martin, finished off with delicious cakes at the guide’s favourite gluten-free boulangerie.
Whichever LocalBini experience you choose, it’s guaranteed to be unique and unforgettable – and it will open your eyes to a side of Paris you never knew existed.
To find out more about LocalBini, and download the app to your device, go to localbini.com
To enter, all you need to do is answer the simple question below.
The question is: In which two cities did LocalBini start?
Competition closes: 10th February 2017
By entering, you agree to receive Escapism's weekly newsletter that includes holiday inspiration, product news and competitions.
1) All contestants participating in the contest are participating voluntarily and are at least 18 years old. One entry per person per household
2) LocalBini reserves the right to select, announce and contact the winner. The entries that are incomplete, illegible or fraudulent will be deemed invalid. No responsibility will be accepted for entries lost, corrupted or delayed in transmission.
3) No LocalBini members nor its affiliates can win a prize, but they may participate in a competition for promotional purposes.
4) The closing date for the draw is the 29th January 2017. All entries must be received before midnight on the closing date. Winners are selected at random and the Judge’s decision is final. The winners will be notified by telephone or email within 7 days of the draw date. If contact cannot be made within 14 days, the prize will be forfeited and may be passed on to other entrants. It is the winner’s responsibility to notify LocalBini of any change in the contact information. The winner, once notified, has 24 hours to claim the prize, otherwise a new winner will be selected.
5) The Winner can choose one of the suggested Experiences for 2 people to take part in their favorite experience.
6) The Winner can claim one (1) of the experiences suggested in the competition. Alternately, the Winner can select another experience which can be retrieved the LocalBini app, and such other experience must have an equal or less monetary value.
7) The winner will have up to the 2nd October 2017 to redeem the experience, transport and accommodation.
8) Transport will be up to a value of €300 for two people. LocalBini will try to find the most convenient option for the travellers and that if they are unhappy with the arrangement they can decline and the prize will go to another person.
9) Accommodation will be up to a value of €300 for two people. LocalBini will try to find the most convenient option for the travellers and that if they are unhappy with the arrangement they can decline and the prize will go to another person.
10) The experience is non-transferable. If for any reason the experience is not available at the time of booking LocalBini allows the Traveller to book another experience with the same monetary value or less.
11) Conditions can change at any time without prior notice. The participants will be notified about such changes and have the right to then withdraw from the competition.
12) No cancellation is possible once the Winner has confirmed the dates.
13) If the competition winner does not use the experience on or before October 2nd 2017 they will no longer receive the prize.
14) Entry into the draw authorizes LocalBini and/or our sponsors to contact and to publish the name, photo and country of the winners in connection with the draw. The winners may be required to participate in reasonable post event publicity. Please note that we may contact you with LocalBini offers, which are entirely separate from the Competition and that those offers are subject to attending a presentation and their own qualification criteria and terms and conditions.
15) LocalBini and its stakeholder involved in this promotion will not be liable for loss/damage whatsoever caused by matters arising from this promotion.
Data is held according to the LocalBini’s privacy and data policy which can be viewed at LocalBini website. By entering the draw, you opt in to receive information by post, telephone, email and SMS from us or our sponsors. If you do not wish to be contacted in this way email email@example.com to include your full name and the telephone number and address details you supplied when entering the draw.
16) Entry into this draw constitutes acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.